Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kristen Stewart stretches out

"I love the girls who are in love with me," says Kristen Stewart, the comely star of the hit movie "Twilight."

"It's funny," she continues, "because I thought it was going to be the opposite. I thought they were going to kind of hate me because I'm in the optimum position" (the "optimum position" being the mortal love interest of a hunky vampire in the soapy teen drama).

Stewart, who turns 19 on April 9, is getting ready to reprise her role as the vampire-smitten high schooler Bella Swan in "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," based on the second book in the popular "Twilight" series. "New Moon" finds Bella forced to deal with new situations and challenges - including the temptation of another otherworldly suitor.

"It's a much more painful story than the first," Stewart promises. "It's actually quite devastating."

The usually quiet actress is uncharacteristically chatty while discussing the latest installment's pre-production process. Director Chris Weitz takes over directing duties from Catherine Hardwicke, who helmed the first one.

Read more..

No comments:

Post a Comment